The overall purpose of Hastings Voluntary Action (HVA) is to enhance the quality of life of people in the Hastings area by promoting the principle and practice of voluntary action by both individuals and organised groups, and by supporting the development of local initiatives to meet community needs.
- To provide services that help Voluntary and Community groups operate effectively and deliver quality services.
- To identify local needs and work with communities and other agencies to develop appropriate action.
- To develop effective networks and collaboration between organisations and groups working within the community.
- To enable voluntary and community sector views to be represented in an effective and accountable way.
- To ensure that the voluntary and community sector can work in strategic partnerships with other sectors.